Monday, April 18, 2011

Valentines Day Arts & Crafts Pt2

So this was what I made my Lovah for Valentines Day. There was supposed to be a picture of us on the left side somewhere, but the most recent picture I have of us was when we were on vacation last summer, and he was makin the stink face cause "the sun was in my eyes"... Ya ya, he was just pissy cause I pulled him off the golf course! ;)
I went to a thrift store and bought a Scrabble game for $2! Whoever donated it even left their dictionary in there! So I got my $2's worth! And I still have a ton of tiles I can use for later projects!


I thought this quote was kind of fitting with the whole Scrabble tile theme!
This is the topiary that I made for my Leslie. She wanted a wreath, but I was wantig to try something else. This took F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!! But she loved it (at least thats what she told me to my face) And she can put it out next Valentines Day too.


And this was the 1st project. This wreath and the topiary are made with cupcake papers. The wreath I did the whole thing in about 2 hrs, while watching "The Young Victoria".

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the topiary !!! How many cupcake wrappers did that take ?? So cute :) I think I might just have to steal that idea. Did you just hot glue them onto a styrofoam ball ?? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say it took about 400 wrappers! and yes, I just hot glued them to a styrafoam ball. I used 2 different sized balls and the bottom ball has full size cupcake papers, and the top one has mini sized papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the topiary! Very cute!! Maybe you should add on here a picture of Sydney's beautiful wreath. :) it looks perfect in her room by the way. I'm not sure if I ever got to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should send me a pic of it in her room! :)

    ReplyDelete