Wednesday, May 18, 2011

L Bugg's Dresser

This was one of my projects that went wrong.


I bought this off of a neighbor on base that was PCSing to Texas, for $15. At the time, I figured, it's ugly, but it will hold the clothes, so I'll just keep it in the closet. But since I have been getting creative with things, I'm starting to see them differntly. I decided to try to spray paint it. I figured that if it went wrong, it was only $15!




I didn't think to take a before picture until after I had painted the 1st drawer. Ugly. Plain. Etc.


So, I decided on a spray paint called "Blue Lagoon" but it was by a different brand than what I used on Madison's shelf. And this brand, ran, everywhere... Fast. FYI, If you try to spray paint furniture, use Lowe's Valspar Spray Paint! So, I had to do 1 side at a time, and wait until each side was completely dried. Especially since my husband was working in the garage, and was stirring up all kinds of dust, which would then land on my wet spray paint! :(


Finally got the whole thing painted, and went to put these cute little knobs on it (that I found at Lowe's, on clearance for .75 each!) and the knobs were too big! Grrr! Well, not the knobs, the screws. So, then I had to wait on the hubs to get around to cutting the screws down for me.


Finally put it back in Livy's room, and 2 weeks later it was scratched up. I very quickly learned about polyurathane clear coating! So once again, I had to remove the knobs, re spray paint, one side at a time, and then this time spray a coat of poly coating. Which, it never failed, everytime I would try to work on it, it would get windy. So, I now have a pair of "Blue Lagoon" tennis shoes!


Overall, I like the outcome! I found a decal I want to get to put on the front of it, but until then, I'm happy with it!


And Buggy Boo likes it too! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment